Podcasts are a great way to share your knowledge and expertise with the world. However, if you’re just getting started, setting up and maintaining your podcast can be daunting; you have to deal with costly equipment and software and the time commitment required for research, recording sessions, and editing episodes on top of other responsibilities.
The Gutenberg block editor for WordPress allows users to create and edit their content in an easy-to-use, visual interface. They can rearrange blocks of text, images, video, or audio by dragging them around on the page.
WordPress is an excellent solution for DIY podcasters looking to get online quickly and build their audience with minimal effort and cost.
Frost Block Patterns
The Frost library is chock-full of well-designed and functional block patterns that allow users to craft a beautiful page with just one click.
One of those patterns is the Podcast Episode, ideal for DIY podcasters looking to keep things simple with their website.
The Podcast Episode block pattern includes the following blocks: Columns, Image, Heading, Paragraph, Audio, and Buttons—all wrapped in a Group.
The Frost library offers four options with the Podcast Episode block pattern:
- Black background, image on the left, and heading, paragraph, audio, buttons on the right.
- Black background, heading, paragraph, audio, buttons on the left, and image on the right.
- White background, image on the left, and heading, paragraph, audio, buttons on the right.
- White background, heading, paragraph, audio, buttons on the left, and image on the right.
How to Create a Podcast Episode Page
Creating a podcast episode page with WordPress and Frost is easy and can be done with just a few steps:
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Pages > Add New.
- On the right side of your screen, go to Page > Page Attributes and select the Canvas page template.
- In the block editor, click the Frost Library link to open the library modal consisting of Block Patterns, Page Layouts, and Starter Sites.
- Go to the Block Patterns tab and select Podcast Episode. Choose between the option you prefer: Black background or White background.
- Customize accordingly: Image, Heading, Paragraph, Audio, and Buttons.
- Below the podcast episode block pattern, add show notes, transcript, or anything else that is relevant.
- Publish your podcast episode page and share it with everyone.